As you prepare for the new year, we propose that it’s time for you to rethink the way you approach your online marketing strategy. Now that nearly 80 percent of Americans read reviews before buying services or products, it’s a safe bet that what others are saying about you will impact the outcome for your business.
“What are they saying about you?”
Consider the folowing statistics about online reputation management:
- A one-star rating hike on Yelp can mean a 5% to 9% rise in restaurant revenue (Harvard Business Review 2011)
- 7 out of 10 consumers said they trust online reviews as much as personal recommendations (ReachLocal)
- 83% of buyers no longer trust advertising but most trust recommendations from users online (Formstack)
- 72% of consumers trust online reviews as much as personal recommendations from real people (Search Engine Land, 2012)
You can bring in the New Year like a pro by using a proactive approach to online reputation management, as well as the most current and effective methods and best practices. In order to rock your online reputation, your business needs to invest in delivering excellence on all fronts in order to cultivate a genuine customer response.
1. Tailor Your Responses to Reflect Your Brand Image
Use your reputation management opportunities to convey the voice, tone and standards of your brand to your audience. Let´s say a customer complains that when they ate at your pizzeria the service was awful with a long wait time and the food was delivered cold. If the brand of your business focuses on fresh baked pizza backed by friendly customer service, some action is in order to fulfill your value offerings. An appropriate response could be to ask for more information about the visit and offer a free pizza.